Could you be our next team member?
We are always looking for therapists who love working with a diverse population of children & teenagers and who have a growth mindset, willing to continually grow their skills.
We are NDIS registered and work with children with a range of disabilities & disorders. We also have a strong focus on literacy and our practice is a great place to learn how to teach phonics & word attack skills. Moreover, we love working with motor planning difficulties and Kerry Els (director) has PROMPT training. Our practice is a great place to learn & develop your skills as a clinician.
Some of the benefits of working for us include:
– Weekly PD meetings around topics that are practical & helpful
– PD allowance to attend courses that you are interested in
– Regular supervision and mentoring
– Regular Performance Reviews which allow for personal & clinical growth and to map out a professional development pathway
– Annual leave, personal leave & sick leave allocation
– Incentive pay for reaching billable targets
– Petrol allowance for travel to home / school sessions
– Regular team social events
What we believe:
We believe in providing a high-quality service while genuinely caring for our clients and their families. We believe in a client/family centered approach and are constantly trying to improve our policies and procedures to reflect this. We believe that our role is to guide and make recommendations to the families but acknowledge that they are integral to all decision making.
Our Mission Statement:
We want to provide the best service that we are able to while truly caring for our clients and their families. We want people to be positively changed after spending time with us.
• To care for the children we treat and their families
• To give our clients the best that we can
• To treat all clients and families with respect
• To help and encourage each other and build positively into other team members
• To continue to learn and grow in our understanding of communication and literacy difficulties and how to treat them
– current SPA membership
– growth mindset and the enthusiasm to learn
– quiet confidence and strong written and verbal communication skills
– ability to work independently, ask questions and manage time effectively
– current drivers licence and the ability to use your own car to do preschool / school / home visits as required
– current Working with Children Check
– eligible for Medicare Provider Number
“It has been an absolute pleasure to work under Kerry for the past 2 years. I have learnt an immense amount and have always felt supported in my acquisition of clinical skills in working with a huge range of clients. I love the focus on professional development we have at the clinic. It has always pushed me to understand what we do, and why we do it.”
“Over the years I have worked at Speak, Learn and Grow, I have accessed extensive professional development to support my knowledge and career pathway and have been provided with exceptional mentoring and supervision. The team at Speak, Learn and Grow is highly supportive and welcoming and the speech pathologists are always happy to share their clinical expertise and opinions. I would highly recommend any speech pathologist that wants to grow their clinical understanding in a supported team to look no further than Speak, Learn and Grow!”
“Speak, Learn and Grow has been a great place to learn and grow as a speech pathologist. There have been lots of opportunities for professional development and I have felt greatly supported by Kerry, the other speech pathologists and the administration staff. I have enjoyed working with this friendly and fun team and enjoy our termly social events, which has included games nights, breakfasts and escape rooms.”